New to the boards--wanted to share my experience

lundi 20 juillet 2015



Hi All !
New here, this is my first post, just wanted to say hello to everyone and share my perimenopausal experience, in the hopes that someone will read it and not feel so alone.

I've been clicking around and reading all of your experiences and symptoms and find myself shaking my head and saying "yup that's me, I've had that same thing, uh-huh sounds like me alright !"

I'm 40 y/o (will be 41 in 2 months) and I'm a mom, wife, daughter and sister, among other things. I'm also a bladder cancer survivor (15 months cancer free thank God).

Not sure how long I've been in perimenopause, but so far here are the symptoms I've experienced:
hot flashes, hair thinning and loss, mood swings, anxiety thru the roof, major health anxiety (having experienced cancer already doesn't help), breast tenderness, urinary "issues", light spotting at mid-cycle and after intercourse.

I've had the spotting investigated by my GYN who did the following tests: abdominal ultrasound, trans-vaginal ultrasound, diagnostic PAP (as opposed to a screening PAP) and an endometrial biopsy---all of which were normal thank God, all they found on the ultrasound was a fibroid which was the size of half of the head of a pencil eraser, which they are keeping an eye on.

This is a hell of a roller coaster though ! I never know how I'm going to feel from one day to the next. Glad to meet you all and happy to be a part of the board !


New to the boards--wanted to share my experience

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor