3 wks post op microdiscectomy l5-s1 nerve pain, scared

mercredi 22 juillet 2015

Hi,

I had a large herniation at l5-s1 and had a microdiscectomy-laminectomy 3 wks ago. I did well the 1st week b/c I imaging the meds masked the pain and inflammation. Week 2, I had some muscle spasms and started up with the muscle relaxer, again. I just hit week 3 and yesterday, after doing my walking and sitting (alternating both), I began with the familiar nerve pain in my left thigh, which I had pre op. It's not quite as severe as before the surgery, but my surgeon told me that nerve pain would be eliminated and that I may have tingling in leg for 2 wks, but should be better. I've been in a back brace, so I haven't stretched, bent or twisted my back, which has led me to believe that I haven't been able to re-herniate. Could this be the nerve regeneration or inflammation? Since my herniation on the MRI caused my internist, pain mgt dr and spinal surgeon to say it was "impressive", I'm thinking that my nerve is going to take a long time to heal, if it does, at all. I cried for the first time last night, because I'm feeling discouraged and my anxiety is increasing. I see my dr on Friday, but I feel that I will get better answers from people who are actually experiencing this and have had the surgery.

Thank you for any help or support that you can give.


3 wks post op microdiscectomy l5-s1 nerve pain, scared

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor