Labyrinthitis & heart palpitations

lundi 20 juillet 2015

Hello everyone,

New to the board and this is my first post.

Little about me that brings me here:
About 5 months ago I had some very bad panic attacks brought on by the death of a friend. I was prescribed Xanax and started taking sessions with a Dr. who was an expert at stress related disorders. She was amazing and I was starting to feel better. Then 7 weeks ago (a day after a session with her) I started to feel dizzy at work and almost passed out. I thought it was odd that I was having another panic attack after all the good work I had put in. Plus this didn't feel like a normal attack. I chalked it up to being an oddity until it happened again the next day and every day for a week and a half before I contacted the doctor.

My regular doc thought it was possibly Meniere's disease so I was sent to an ENT. Went through a bunch of tests which I passed and I was officially diagnosed with Labyrinthitis (which she thought was brought on by my panic attacks?). Was told it would need to run it's course but could take Meclizine for the dizziness and nausea.

Around the 1st of July I noticed I didn't have many of the symptoms and felt really positive about it finally going away. The only thing I was still dealing with was Tinnitus.

Now comes my problem. For the past week and a half I have started developing something new: heart palpitations/fluttering when I am laying down to sleep. It has already cost me 3 nights of sleep and I am worried that I might have job issues if I keep taking off sick days. I completely stopped drinking caffeine which has helped a little and have taken Xanax before bed a few nights (and it worked). That is until this weekend - both Friday and Sunday nights I had it bad enough that I was up all night.

I am wondering if I should go to a Cardiologist? Anyone else have something similar? Thanks for listening to me babble ;)

- Kerry


Labyrinthitis & heart palpitations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor