Gallstones - Surgery or Not ? Appreciate your thoughts...

mardi 21 juillet 2015

Hello Friends –

I am new on here, and sincerely appreciate your input and advice.

I am a 50 yo male in excellent health with no previous medical issues except a little elevated BP. (I’m 5’8” and 167#). I workout and exercise regularly, and eat a healthy low fat and high protein diet.

I was diagnosed with gallstones during an ultrasound about a month ago. I am scheduled for surgery in about week.

The ultrasound was done after I had 4 gallbladder attacks over the past 4 months that each lasted several hours. What is unique, is that my gallbladder episodes were all from eating very little, not a lot. 2 of the episodes started after taking a multivitamin on a somewhat empty stomach, and I have no idea what caused the other 2 episodes. (it wasn't a large meal) I now feel completely fine, and continue to eat regularly and workout/exercise.

Here is my frustration. In the past 4 weeks, I have been to my general practitioner, a gastroenterologist, and a surgeon. NONE of them have seen (or it appears even care to see) the ultrasound itself. They just look at the 1-page ultrasound report that says “gallstones”, and they are ready to schedule me into surgery. To be an informed patient, I want to know the quantity and size of the gallstones......but I can’t seem to get anyone to give me this information. My request just keeps bouncing around, and it’s getting very annoying. Is this typical that your healthcare providers do not need to know the size or quantity of stones before recommending surgery ?

If my gallstones are very small, I may postpone my surgery and continue my liver/gallbladder cleansing I am currently doing. However, if the gallstones are larger, I will go forward with the surgery.

I appreciate your comments and experience !

Thank you !


Gallstones - Surgery or Not ? Appreciate your thoughts...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor