Could this be hypo?

mardi 21 juillet 2015

My story is long, but I'll try to give the Cliff Notes version. About 2.5 months ago I began to experience calf tightness/cramps/pinching/aches. It's almost constant, sometimes with swelling. I can get brief moments of relief, with heat, or ice, or epsom salt baths, or compression. I've been through PT with no results. I had ultrasound to rule out a DVT. Bloodwork for rhabdo was negative, my sodium and potassium, magnesium levels were normal. I've seen an orthopedic surgeon twice- Xray was normal. I go for an MRI tomorrow, with a follow up on thursday. Some people have mentioned chronic exertional compartment syndrome, but my ortho hasn't felt that I fit the symptoms and has been hesitent to do the pressure testing without more evidence b/c of the pain factor. My calves make it so I can no longer run or do anything high impact, and most days walking sucks.
Someone on the forums mentioned thyroid as a possibility. About 12 years ago I found lumps on my throat-had thyroid nodules, TSH was normal, had an ultrasound with the radioactive iodine uptake and I guess the nodules were benign, I haven't been seen by an endo since. But I have looked up hypothyroidism, and in addition to the calves from hell, I have other symptoms that could or could not be hypo-constipation, insomnia, I get cold alot, light headedness when standing, dry scalp/dandruff, loss of libido....I'm not tired all the time and I haven't gained weight (other than what I suspect is from my lack of activity coupled with emotional comfort eating).
thoughts? I'm so frustrated and wishing I could find what is wrong with me....


Could this be hypo?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor