1 year post op brostrom help

mardi 21 juillet 2015

I haven't posted on here in awhile but just thought I would update as I am lost and have no answers for anything with my ankle and am going through some very hard times with it.

I am now a little over a year post op from ankle ligament reconstruction (which from research I believe is a brostrom but my doctor never told me the name) and ankle arthroscopy and am still having major issues. I still have pain on the outside of my ankle when walking uphill, on uneven surfaces or even just carrying heavy things. My big toe is still numb and I have weird nerve pain sensations when I press just under and to the inside of my lateral malleolus. Which I also have a strange large indent there which does not exist on my other good ankle. I also have extreme nerve pain and cramping when tapping just above my outermost scope incision.

Because of this pain I have recently had to make a huge decision to either continue fighting through my pain, which I have been for the past 6 years, or give up the sport I love and takes up my entire life. Dancing means the world to me but unfortunately my ankle cannot handle it anymore and I had to give it up along with all other physical activities about a month ago. Over the past month my ankle has not improved at all and I still have the same amount of pain, instability, numbness, and swelling that just doesn't seem to go away.

If anyone has any suggestions or similar experiences please share because I am in need of some reassuring that this might be normal and it will all be back to normal at some point. Because as of now my ankle is in worse shape than it was before the surgery.


1 year post op brostrom help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor