Minivan Towing

vendredi 31 octobre 2014

I was told there are folks here towing with Minivans, but the search feature on this forum returns some odd results so I'm starting a new thread.



My plan is (was) to go for the 16' Sport (or something with equivalent weight ratings) as my first Airstream. It suits my needs well and would be paired with my 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T with tow package (bigger brakes, upgraded rear shocks etc.).



While the tow ratings for what I can pull and tongue weight work out I ran into a snag...the GCWR of my van is 7000lbs



Curb Weight of van is 4510 + Base weight of Bambi 2810 = 7310



There's nothing left for payload.



I get people using reinforced hitches but how does that overcome the GCWR ratings of these 'smaller' vehicles? I've been looking into what people are towing with and the numbers don't add up.



I'm not buying a truck.



I'm looking for feedback and suggestions. Is what I want to do possible with an Airstream? I'll be pulling mostly up and down the east coast with the occasional jaunt over to the midwest.





Thanks a bunch!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor