Beware..unlockable door!

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

I have a 28ft 2012 FC and when I recently returned from a relatively smooth 500 mile trip I could not open the door. With both locks seemingly unlocked the door would not budge. After some careful prying I was finally able to get it open. The problem was that both screws on the dead bolt had walked out and almost made the door unable to open. Interestingly these screws had no lock washer on either one of them nor was it possible to put one on as it would put the head of the screw too far out for the door to operate. Nor was there any sign of any lock tight type material on the screws. My solution was to apply lock tight to the screw thread and put the screws back using an impact screw driver. I suspect this will work but...if you have a new trailer you might want to check your screws just in case.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor