Wifi Repeater Feeding Traditional Router

samedi 29 novembre 2014

OK, I should start by saying I'm an engineer and have lots of gadgets. I'm prepping my EB 27FB for a yearlong trip where I'll be doing work remotely. The goal is to keep my Apple Airport Time Capsule broadcasting my current SSID that all my devices connect to. I don't want to have to re-configure every device if I change from my mifi to a campground wifi signal.



I was going to get the following and use in repeater mode: Securifi Almond



In repeater mode, it would re-broadcast the signal it's getting, which I could care less about. I was going to take the cat5 cable connection from it and plug it in as the internet connection to my existing router. The Almond has a touchscreen, so going from the mifi to a new campground wifi would be pretty easy (no need to dig out laptop and connect to router and change settings) and all of my devices in the trailer wouldn't know the difference (always connected to the Apple router).



I'm not sure if anyone does anything similar and/or if campground wifi sites allow people to connect a repeater.



Anyone see a flaw in this plan?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor