Need advice! Buying 1971 Overlander

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I'm new to Airstreams and RVing in general, but I've fallen in love with the idea of owning one of my own. I've looked at quite a few over the past few months and come across this one two blocks from my house! She wants $8000. I've looked at it 3 times, each time coming back to the forum for guidance... Here's what I've discovered.

All original everything, nothing has been updated, but it was used frequently by the owner before this one. The owner that has it now has allowed it to sit in front of her furniture store for the past year. Two tires are flat, appear to have dry rot. The fridge needs a new gasket. Missing propane tanks, hookup appears in good condition. The interior is super clean, no smell! Even with original green shag carpet. A few items of concern... I jumped on the bumper and the entire trailer moved, so there doesn't seem to be any evidence of rear end sep, but I'm not totally convinced... I'll have to tear out the carpet to be sure, but I didn't see any apparent signs of floor damage or soft spots. There's definitely been some leaking in the rear compartment. Opened that up and found some rot, but the flooring directly under the toilet/ bathtub appear in good shape... I feel like I'll probably be overpaying at $8k, but I have been looking for a while and this one is in the best shape I've seen with others asking $6-$7500 in far worse condition. I cannot find a single rivet missing and the exterior/windows are in fantastic shape, some minor dents on the bumper. No sign of rust on bumper or hitch.

I am expecting to buy new axle, replace gasket, possibly fridge. I'd like to completely renovate interior eventually. I'm located in Charleston, SC. If like to have it looked at by a professional... Any suggestions?Again, I'm a complete novice, so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!! -Ashley



Here are a few pics: not the best, she's been using it as a storage unit so hard to see some stuff.

Attachment 227426Attachment 227427Attachment 227428Attachment 227429Attachment 227430Attachment 227431Attachment 227432Attachment 227433




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor