Do You Need to Dump the Black Tank After Driving Home?

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Stupid question.



Preparing to winterize for the first time. Dumped both tanks at the RV park. Flushed the black water tank pretty good and waited until it was empty before going to the grey water tank and hitting the road.



Started driving home. Took a break from driving and thought "I bet there is a tiny bit of water still in the tanks. I wonder if I pulled the lever now if I could totally empty them". I figured like an ounce or two of water might come out.



I made the mistake of pulling the black water first and dirty water started flowing out. Definitely more than just a few ounces was in there. Fortunately I stopped it right away and then went to an RV park and redumped the black waste water again. Not sure how much was in there but more than I thought.



So is there like a trap in the black water and this waste in the trap got dislodged from driving and this what was coming out? Should we always dump after driving home and things get sloshed around? I can't totally figure out why if I felt the tank was empty at the RV park originally after driving there was some waste in there.



I'm not sure what exactly was going on.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor