Rubber Sheet Flooring

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hi all,

I just purchased and received 30' of rubber, rolled sheet flooring from Rubber-Cal. (I actually purchased via Overstock due to substancial savings.) I first ordered a 5' part to perform a "sniff test". Yes, it smelled like new tires but after a week, it disipated. And it flattend out very nicely. The dogs have been racing over it for about a month - leaving surface scratches. Well, not really scratches as they don't penetrate the rubber, but look more like scuffs or mars. I think they'd come out if I buffed the flooring. But I'm not about to add more labor to the upkeep of the tray'la. The scuffs aren't visible while standing - only on seated inspection. :blink: So, I like the look and watched the videos the mfg has on installation. Looks easy enough. They also say the pattern will match where I need to join (as it's just 4' wide).



"Diamond-Grip" Rolled Rubber Matting



I recall another member using this material and mentioning that they placed a thin (foam?) underlayment. I hadn't really planned to do that but maybe it would help a bit with insulation, smoothing of the wood subfloor and provide some very minimal cushion.



I went to Home Depot to look at underlayment. Found 2mm foam and 2.4mm foil backed something - both for laying under floating floors. Then the sales person mentioned maybe just placing thicker, fiberglass based vinyl flooring under. Hummmmmm - now I really don't know which, if any, I should use.



Do any of you have an suggestions/advice?



Laura




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor