Quick Fix Solar for Boondocking ?

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

This is likely a question for lewster or you other electrically educated types. I have available to borrow a solar panel (panels?) that is mounted in an adjustable frame and an attached "controller." The panel puts out 40+ watts and the "controller" has an on/off switch, a meter, and two leads marked POS(+) and NEG(-) under the heading BATTERY.



If I take this boondocking can I charge my batteries by hooking the POS to the 12V pin of the TT umbilical (11 o'clock pin, looking at the face) and the NEG to the ground pin (5 o'clock pin, looking at the face). Or, is this an inexpensive way to fry a perfectly good TT - or at least it's batteries? :sad:



The alternative, as you can imagine, is lugging along my Genset and gasoline - noisy, smelly and way too heavy for my back.



Happy Thanksgiving to all.



Thanks for your thoughts.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor