Shopping and asking questions =)

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Hi,

Just joined and looking and reading to get some questions answered.



My sister and I are looking to spend a year or so cycling across USA well really my sister is more the rider than me my butt hurts after 10 miles. So im driving since i have lots of experience towing.



We looked at 5th wheels as that has been my experience in towing but when we looked at comfort and resale we decided we are going with Airstream 25-27 FB cloud.



Im stuck on stuff like, what to pack that's small and can store? cooking cleaning etc. I found a bunch of lists and am getting that part handled.



I'm more concerned with safety and security stuff like



1) do you need a surge protector to plug into various camp sites?



2) should we add solar? if so how much do we need, (mechanical and electrical not my thing) or



3) do we need a small generator instead? are their any quiet ones?



4) locks, how good are the locks on the trailer door and on the storage compartment



5) how can i keep them safe at nite (I guess we can always bring them inside but that isnt a great solution for long term, and i have a recumbent bike so im not sure if we could get it in the door and we will have other ppl join us from time to time.... over crowding possible :blink:)



6) how do you secure your valuables like computers, laptops etc when not in the trailer?



7) Electrical, wifi, internet connection, need to keep my internet business up and running a few hours a week to pay for things sooooo if i attached the receivers and boosters i need how do I do that without drilling holes without ruining integrity of the airstream skin (did I mention not very mechanical ;)



So I don't even know where to start on some of it. Ideas, suggestions, point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.



(we are towing with f250 diesel cus i like power =) going up hill, i think its an inverse function of how slow i cycle uphill



Ty for your help!

G




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor