Hot Water Heater

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

This has me perplexed . . .



The heater is a 6-gallon Atwood gas with electric ignition, model G6A-8E. When I switched on the hot water heater (switch is in the bathroom), I hear the ignition and the light on the switch goes out. A few moments later, the light comes on again. I checked to see that there is propane in the tanks - there is, and the stove works as does the refrigerator. Given the delay before the light goes out, I switched on the heater and ran to the outside. I saw that there was in fact ignition and that there was flame, but there was still a clicking sound of the igniter as though it doesn't recognize that there is actually a flame. Then it all shuts off. It would seem that the thermocouple is malfunctioning, but I can't see where it is located, as the only wire to where the flame is burning is the igniter.



Any ideas?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor