Input requested - Ideal restoration target (year(s), model(s), Length

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Good afternoon -



I am a brand new forum member, and have coveted and dreamed of restoring a vintage Airstream for many, many years.



I am finally at the point in life where I can get more serious about beginning my search for a restoration candidate, and would welcome any and all input with regards to the ideal age range, model, and trailer length.



A little bit about me... I am late 40's, married with a very active and supportive wife, and we have seven (7) kids, with all but two out of the house. We are likely going to have many, many grandchildren. I would say that I am very handy, good with my hands, and have been a woodworker for many years with my own well-equipped shop.



I seem to be drawn to the 60's era trailers, and would ideally like to find one of the larger sized floor plans that would accommodate more 'sleepers'. My hope is that the members here can help direct me to a particular year or two, and model or two, where historical failures seem to be lower, and where replacement parts are more readily available. In fact, any advice about specific years and models to stay away from would be welcomed as well.



I look forward to hearing your collective thoughts. Thanks in advance for you input and advice.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor