Oops! Left the Hitch Pin Out

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Luckily I was going slow after making a turn from an adjacent street the Equalizer receiver came out of the Tundra receiver. I forgot to put the pin in it. Luckily the Equalizer head was able to withstand the impact and kept the trailer off the ground. The electric hitch jack got bent as it hit my Tundra's bumper so it will have to replaced. The aluminum propane cover has some scratches from the electric hitch jack. The aluminum propane tanks show no dents. I was able to lift the trailer barely high enough with the Tundra's tire jack and a with a passerby helping to stand on the Tundra bumper. The Tundra bumper has a shallow dent and it cleaned up with no scratches. I was only a couple of blocks from the house and I took the trailer back there to conduct repairs. All I need is an electric jack.



Somehow I got side tracked during the hitch up procedure. I've been towing only since 2010 but never remember myself catching myself not putting int the pin. I'm thankful there I escaped major damage.



Kelvin.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor