New axles and shock Brackets

lundi 29 septembre 2014

I just got off the phone with Alyssa at Dexter Axle. She informs me that if I replace my old 23D axles with new 6-5.5 lug pattern, and with 32 degree down arms, that it is not possible for Dexter to supply the axles with a top shock bracket. When I asked "then how do the shocks get mounted?" She merely stated that she had no idea. Bye the way, the rating of the axle does not play in this equation. She quoted 3,500# rated axles, which is what I want. She said that a lower rating would not affect their inability to supply with shock brackets.



I want to go to the 32 degree down arm and LT235/75 R16 Michelin tires to gain "dirt road clearance." This forum gave me tons of info on how to do it, but all of a sudden I am dead in the water. I sure don't want to order axles, 16" Sendel wheels and Michelin tires and then find out that they won't work!



Any suggestions would be much appreciated!



Bill on Whidbey Island




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor