Our new addiction

mardi 30 septembre 2014

As I stated in my Member introduction, this is my first RV of any type. My wife and I spent a lot of time considering several different options for travel trailers. Ultimately, we couldn't get the idea of and Airstream out of our heads, so we ended up buying one.



Unfortunately for us, we bought it at the end of the season for going camping in Alaska where we live. As I mentioned in my Member introduction post, I picked up my trailer from the port of Anchorage just last Tuesday. We were pretty excited and decided to take it out on an adventure before it has to be parked for the winter.



So, we packed it up and took off out of Anchorage after I got off work on Friday. Heading down the Kenai Peninsula with our first stop in Skilak Lake. The drive was awesome, I was pleased how well my F150 handled the trailer. I would say that for most circumstances a properly equipped half ton truck can easily accommodate the load of the 25 foot trailer as long as you don't go too crazy loading up the bed of your truck with lots of other toys.



We didn't get out of town until close to 7 PM. In the summer in Alaska, that is no big deal since it stays light until....well lets just say it stays light. The weather was decent for our departure:









By the time we got to the lake, it was dark. So we got things set up and hit the rack. I found the bed surprisingly comfortable! It was nice to be camping in something that provided heat since the temp dipped into the lower 30's that night. We had a little light rain over night, then in the morning there was a little ice.



We went with some friends who brought along who brought along his home made drift boat. The day was spent catching loads of beautiful Rainbow Trout and Dolly Varden. As the evening arrived, the weather cleared up some more and treated us to a beautiful sunset:







To be continued.....



Mark

WL7NI

Alaska Reflector | Linking the world togther via Amatuer Radio and IRLP…Come early, stay late…




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor