Battery BCI Grp Size: Q for Lewster

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Lewster, I've been thinking of increasing my battery box size to accommodate a pair of L-16 (also BCI Grp 903) sized batteries. Not time yet to make other mods for increased battery capacity.



Tongue box mod will be done by a local fabricator / certified welder. This is on a full-frame "vintage kin" SilverStreak. Tow vehicle not a concern with tongue weight increase, and modified box will be beefed up (currently a pair of T-105's).



I'm working from an extant 1989 factory installation (still works; 2-panel "Solar Electric System" brand) and need to make changes to the existing for better performance prior to some day erecting a full scale big solar system.



First things first. I need a welder for some other work and am seeking your opinion about the worthiness of increasing battery size. A lot of work for minimal benefit, or . . ? The batteries need replacing anyway.



Also, in what order -- and what componentry / parts -- should I look to replacing in what order for the future? Any books or online guides you'd recommend? I'm intrigued by the idea of a "hybrid" sytem you mentioned elsewere.



I see that Earth Roamer installs 1.3KW systems on their offroad wonders, so am using that number for initial minimum calculations. This TT is 35' long and I plan to upgrade it to what a family of five or two couples would want. Washer/dryer, dishwasher . . the usual 5'er/moho amenities short of an onboard generator. While I don't expect to run those sort of items via batteries I hope it helps with a picture. Two TV's, surround sound, Wi-Fi, eventually twin A/C and 50A service. Folks today want their eee-lektericity.



So, where to start is One. Two, what references to use to start towards a "big" system. I'd like to not have to do things twice, but prefer a working system as I go along (not a strict requirement as I am in RV parks for the foreseeable future).



Thanks for your consideration of these questions.



Ross



P.S. If anyone has links to a recent "big" solar install done DIY or otherwise I'd be appreciative. I've seen the ones around here, and am hoping to look upon something state-of-the-current-art in one of the bigger TT's, 5'er or conventional, moho or sailboat, or what-have-you.



Thx



.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor