Got to Replace my 2009 Barker Superjack

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

I did a dumb thing today and forgot to put the hitch pin the the Equalizer receiver head shank and as I was slowly exiting the neighborhood street the Equlizer head pulled out. The trailer came down on the Equalizer head and the tongue jack shaft above the A frame contacted the Tundra bumper and the bent the shaft and broke the gear box housing. So I need a new electric jack.



The clearance between the original Barker jack and the propane tank cover is minimal. The propane cover just touched the Barker. The Barker I have has the motor parallel to the propane cover. There is a light that shines on the hitch so it seems this is the way its supposed to be mounted The newer Airstreams seem to have a jack with the motor mounted forward but there seems to be too much housing sticking out behind the shaft that will prevent the use of my propane cover. Airstream must have moved the propane tanks back a couple of inches on newer models. I can't see how I can use the current model of Barker jack plus they have white heads. I'd like to find one that has the Airstream gray but I'm willing to paint the housing if necessary.



Has anyone replaced a 2008 or similar jack and can you post any photos showing the install?



Kelvin




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor