Reasons for 16" Wheels

mardi 29 avril 2014

Hi everyone. I recently acquired my first AS, a 1988 29' Excella and am in the process of making it fully functional, road worthy, and comfortable; Not necessarily a restoration but putting my kind of TLC into the unit. So, for the running gear I put on new trailer rated radial tires to get it home (seller thought the old ones were about 10 years old). Made it home safely and the trailer pulled well and did not notice any issues with the wheels and tires. My research on this forum for several issues has led me to the question of why should I upgrade my wheel size from the factory 15's to 16's. Would this improve my GVWR (now 6800#)? Is there any data that says I am reducing the rolling resistance on the AS and therefore will get better mpg on my TV (2012 F150 EB with 20" shoes)?

Is it going to improve the ride for the non-occupants of the trailer? Do 16" wheels look substantially better than the 15s? Why not put on some classy aluminum wheels and reduce the weight and mass over the stock steel wheels?



As a new guy to this forum, I have already learned a lot about these wonderful RVs and I look forward to learning more about what you think considering these wheel questions. Thanks in advance for all of your inputs!!:D




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor