New to me '84 Sovereign

mardi 29 avril 2014

Hello everyone and thanks for having me.





I'm about to buy a 1984 31' Sovereign. I would have had it already but we're having some title issues. Nothing insurmountable.





This is going to be my first Airstream. My plan is to travel to places I'd otherwise fly to and rent a car. This way I can take my dogs along and not have to take them to the kennel.





The coach is a mid-bath, rear twin layout. I will eventually want to expand the bathroom, make the bedroom a double bed, and create a place for the dogs to be secure and comfortable if I need to leave them alone.





My planned tow vehicle is a 1983 Suburban with a big block. Oddly enough, this truck towed an Airstream for the first 25 years of its life.





The coach has been off the road for a few years so I have all intentions of going through the bearings, getting new tires, giving it a good cleaning, etc. I have plenty of questions already but I'll wait to ask them until I actually have the trailer at my house and I'm ready to work.





For now I'll just surf around the site and see what all I can learn. I look forward to being amongst everyone and hopefully as I learn more about Airstreams I'll be able to contribute.









Mike

Stockbridge, Georgia




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor