Where is Jeff?

mardi 29 avril 2014

Sorry everyone, I have had an unusually large number of professional and family obligations over the past few months that have kept me away from the forums. It looks like things have gone pretty well without me though, thanks as always to Per, glynndub, and many others for answering questions here.



I'll try to be more responsive in coming months.



As a status update, I've been hitting my head against the 64-bit wall, which some of you may know requires a total rewrite of my UI for Mac since Apple made the really annoying decision to drop 64 bit compatibility with their older UI technology (Carbon). I've been trying to move everything to Cocoa but I do not like the language and it doesn't help me with 64 bit Windows.



So after years of avoiding it, I've decided to buy a commercial license for Juce.



www.juce.com



It's a very nice cross-platform library but it costs money. However thanks to a nice uptick in donations over the past year I have about enough to cover it.

It will take me some time to learn, but the end result should be a MUCH better UI with modern features (scrolling !).




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor