17# Composite Propane Cylinders

mercredi 30 avril 2014

I just discovered that my AS has two-10# propane cylinders instead of the two-20# ones that it originally came equipped with.



I was flushed with excitement because this was the opportunity that I had been waiting for to upgrade to aluminum cylinders. Unfortunately, the inside height of the aluminum bottle shield will accept 20# steel cylinders, but is too short to handle 20# aluminum cylinders. It seems that AS needed to rivet the top part of the cover a couple of inches higher to allow the aluminum cylinders to fit.



So I decided to throw out the playbook and go for two 17# composite cylinders from Viking Cylinders. These babies only weigh 10 lbs. each vs. about 18 lbs. each for steel. For you with the big AS trailers this might not seem like a big deal, but for us 16-footers it will add some much needed cargo capacity, or help to offset the weight of a larger battery.



Can I cost-justify the decision? Nope. Is it the most economical solution? Nope. Will I be able to see the liquid levels in my tanks? Yep!



I'm interested in your feedback, comments and criticisms regarding my decision.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor