Keeping Batteries Charged

samedi 31 janvier 2015

I know there are numerous posts on this forum regarding battery charging, and I've read most of them. At this point I'm almost glassy eyed, and in search of a simple, straightforward explanation.



I'm obviously a newbie, and I continue to worry about the batteries in our AS, which is stored at a facility not far from our home. I've hooked a trickle charger up to the batteries, but it never did indicate a full charge...the light stayed red rather than turning green. The monitor inside the trailer indicated that the batteries were at 14.1 after two days. I disconnected the charger yesterday, and when I returned this morning the monitor had the batteries down to 12.5....in one night, with the nighttime low somewhere in the 40s. The battery disconnect switch is set to "store", so the only draw on the battery is the CO2 detector.



My question: When you hook a battery trickle charger, such as the Battery Tender, up to the two battery configuration that the AS has, is one charger enough, or should I hook a separate charger up to each battery and charge simultaneously? I used a single charger, with the positive going to the positive post of one battery, and the negative going to the negative post of the other battery. Is there a problem with that? Thank you in advance for any advice.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor