water heater to heat fresh tanks?

samedi 31 janvier 2015

I was just mulling over the different options for avoiding freeze damage to fresh water tanks and am a bit stumped. My trailer project will be getting a new frame and tanks so nothing is stock and rather than go with the traditional rv furnace with the ducting below the floor or electric tank heat pads I was wondering what else I could try. Yes I like to make things harder than they need to be...



I thought I'd had a brain wave when thinking how can I efficiently heat the water in the fresh tanks when it occurred to me that I would already have an on demand water heater. I was wondering if I could add a temperature sensor to the fresh tank tied to a solenoid valve coming off the water heater hot side back into the tank? Valve opens at 4 degrees C closes at say 8? Just guessing on the temps.



It seems too simple really so the bit I'm stumped with is would it be the amount of propane it would suck up or would it be the electric draw for the water pump that is going to kill my fantastic idea?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor