Too good to be true.

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Yup, the Airstream Gods were playing with me today......



Motorhome rubber | tires, rims | Guelph | Kijiji



I contacted the guy selling them but he couldn't tell me the manufacturing dates on the tires as they were in his Dad's garage. So I made arrangements to take the work truck to Harriston (about 40 kms one way) to check them out, and he would bring them into work.

All the tires were new or almost new with the vent nubbies still on the rubber tread but the youngest one was 0806, made in the eighth week of 2006. He was flabbergasted when I turned them down. I told him that tires when turning stay pliable, but when not used get hard, and when loaded and eventually turning will develop checks and cracks.

It's back to square one and buying tires from a dealer. At least with the dealer I can insist on less than one year old rubber from their distributor.



It's -14C outside but tomorrow the one who wears the pants in the family and I are going to pick the foam for the three couches we're getting reupholstered in the next couple of months. My upholsterer is charging me $300.00 labour per couch to do the work.:happy: Foam if needed is extra.



Cheers

Tony




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor