Need info on towing very small Airstream

samedi 31 janvier 2015

Hello experts,



I am finally having my sweet 1953 17' Clipper renovated. It should be completed sometime in March and I am so excited. I need some advice on towing. At this point, I don't expect to travel further than about an hour from my home, back and forth to the family farm, about once a month. I have a '93 Mitsubishi Montero SR that is capable of pulling more weight than the Airstream but I just have a ball hitch that I had put on at the U Haul place to tow a little trailer to haul lawn mowers, etc. I have moved the Clipper around my property with that ball but not taken it on the highway. I am not a pickup kind of girl so I don't have any plans to buy one of those massive rigs with a huge towing package. Do I need that for such a small trailer? Is there something I can add to the set up I have to make it safer? When I hear about sway I get ice cold chills.



I would like to be able to go on longer trips if I want to and I will probably have to buy a new vehicle in the not too distant future but I would be thinking more of an SUV type than a big pickup. Do you have a special towing package added to those at the dealer or do you buy those and have them installed? i know most of this info is probably out there already but I would appreciate any responses.



Thanks for any advice. I love this site.



Silver Wren




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor