12V only working when plugged into 30amp

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

I have a 76 Sovereign. At some point in the past couple of months, not exactly sure when, my 12v stuff won't work if we're not plugged into "shore power" / 30AMP service at an RV park.



So basically, no boondocking.



All of the 12v lights and my new fridge which requires 12v to power the indicator lights on the front of it work, as long as we're plugged into 30amp.



I took the battery to an O'Reilly's and they said it was fine, accepting a charge, etc. Though it may not be getting a charge, or only charging slowly, even when I'm plugged in as I had been plugged in for 12+ hours before I took it there and it was only at 70%.



I'm confused as I didn't think the fridge could even work (the indicator lights anyway) if 12v wasn't working, or at least that's what the Dometic manual says. I have the 12V for the fridge hooked up directly to the same connections as where the battery hooks up to the fuse box. Here's a picture if it helps explain that:







I bought a Multimeter in an attempt to figure out what's going on myself, but I'm not even sure where to start. From what I've read, it sounds like it may be an inverter issue, though I had a new one installed about a year ago...



To be honest I don't even know where that would begin, so any advice on where to start looking, what to start testing, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor