battery drain problem

vendredi 30 mai 2014

hi- suddenly this season I seem to have a battery drain issue. I have a new deep-cycle battery, hooked up to an Intellipower converter/smart charger. I also had a solar panel pigtail device hooked up to the battery, but now I have that taken off.

The back story is that my old battery powered the lights in the trailer just fine for the first night of a 2-night shake-down trip a few weeks ago, but the battery was dead the next evening. It was old, the Walmart techs said it diagnosed out as having bad cells, so I bought a new one. The new one has been powering the lights just fine for a couple weeks now (just parked in the driveway, not plugged into shore), but yesterday when I went to test the light/battery situation, the battery was suddenly totally dead again. Took it back to Walmart, it diagnosed as being fine, brought it back charged, put it back in.

I have done the usual battery drain test, using a multimeter set to the milli-amp position, and also just using a test light, and here's the deal: There is an initial brief spike of about 60 or 70 milli-amps, then it settles down at about 10 or so. The test light also very briefly shines, then goes totally out.

Is this the cause of my battery drain? Or is it some kind of normal current draw for the converter?

I have not yet pulled any fuses to see if this narrows down the problem area- Is this the logical next step?

And finally- if I can't figure this out, can I just keep one of the battery cables disconnected when I'm not using the trailer much?

Thankyou for any help with this minor but annoying problem!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor