1976 Ambassador Restoration

vendredi 30 mai 2014

Hello Airstreamers, my wife and I live in Ohio and just bought a 1976 Ambassador in need of restoration. Our plan is to restore it quickly and live in it full time with our two toddlers for a few seasons. I will use this thread as a means of documenting the restoration and asking lots of questions, as we are completely new to Airstreams and RVs in general. Unsolicited and solicited advice are both welcome and encouraged!



Our primary considerations are doing every job right, resale value, and speed in the restoration. I will do my best to research my questions before answering them, but our only internet connection is through a rebellious smart phone so if I'm repetitive please forgive. For starters:



1) is there a section of the website where I can sell/give away the old interior? We are only reusing the appliances and I hate to throw the rest away.

2) we will be replacing the walls and subfloor. Ive seen tidbits of info on the forum but is there a good article or thread that gives step by step instructions for these?

3) what are the limitations of a shell on restoration? Is it quicker and can it be as thorough as a shell off?

4) should I automatically replace wiring since I'm removing walls and insulation? Upgrade from 30A to 50A?

5) can you purchase replacement exterior skins for the lower skins below the floor level? The P.O. ran over something with my trailerand the right forward corner skin is torn badly.



I will post pics in exchange for answers =). Thanks!



Nic & Amber




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor