perplexing water pump issue

samedi 31 mai 2014

I'm the non-mechanically inclined newbie owner of a 2011 19' FC, but this seems weird:



I filled our freshwater tank after our last trip (our emergency water supply in a crisis) and all seemed well. The next day I noticed some water slowly dripping out of the water fill area. Assuming I had over-filled the tank I ran some water into the sink to lower to volume in the tank. Over the next several days I noticed the same thing, usually occurring as the temps increased. It would drip for a while, then stop (drip spot in driveway would dry out).

It's been 1 1/2 weeks since I filled the tank. It is still occasionally dripping and I decided to investigate further. When I turned on the pump it initially ran for much longer than usual. I actually turned off the pump because I was concerned about where the water was going. There are no internal or external indications of a leak.

While I was fiddling around, I turned on the faucets with the pump switched off. I ran the kitchen faucet for 30-plus seconds at full pressure before turning it off. Then turned on vanity faucet for another 20 seconds before turning that one off.

Is the pump over-pressurizing the lines? Is there some strange way the water can create a siphon? Why is water continuing to drip out the external overflow screen near the fresh water fill? Should I continue to run the faucets to see how long they'll run before they depressurize?

Has anyone else experienced this?



Meg




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor