Suggestions for securing cushions; factory solution is a joke.

lundi 31 mars 2014

Hi,



Took delivery of a brand new 2014 27FB International Signature last week and have spent several days setting it up and working out a few kinks. My girlfriend and I absolutely love the new trailer but, as I imagine isn't news on this forum, build quality could be improved.



One thing that I'm miffed about is the Velcro strips used to fasten all our Flint fabric cushions to the benches. The bond between the two pieces of Velcro is so strong, and the bond between staples and wood so weak, that when lifting a cushion the Velcro and staples are ripped from the bench... I thought perhaps I had been too forceful when removing the cushion but we quickly discovered that no mater how carefully you try to work the two pieces of Velcro apart as you lift a cushion the staples will pull out of the bench. All four cushions that are secured via Velcro have this problem.



The few staples that were used were haphazardly shot into the Velcro (very sloppy job), I'm sure putting a larger quantity around the perimeter of the Velcro strips would help, but given how poorly staples worked originally I'm hesitant to double down on that method.



Does anyone have any suggestions with regards to securing cushions? Should I find staples with serrations and or glue the Velcro down before stapling? Is there a better method?



I know it's a pretty innocuous problem, but figured I'd petition for some wisdom.



Cheers,



Stephen




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor