Rear leaks Classics

lundi 31 mars 2014

I have occasionally had water show up just at the lower corners of the trunk door down low at the floor. It appears that it is only while driving for long periods in the rain. The mouse fur gets wet only for about four inches horizontally at the corners of the door. I have removed the taillights and checked for wet insulation. I have checked where I can behind and above the lockers. I have checked all the interior carpeting. Nothing. I have the recessed license plate pocket and previously foam taped the top and sides of the pocket only. I left the bottom unsealed with the theory of water draining, but am wondering, since it only leaks while driving, if water is blowing up under the gap between the skin and the lower edge of the pocket.



I am also wondering about the piano hinge rivets for the door. I also wonder about blowing up under the lower rub rail and running rearward, but it seem odd that it would only be at those two specific spots.



Do any of you Classic owners have any suggestions? I have never had it leak in rain while stationary, nor have I had it leak in a water test simulating rain....but I have never tried simulating upward spraying water either below the pocket or the rub molding.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor