Brand spanking new user!

samedi 29 mars 2014

I do not now own nor have I ever owned an Airstream. Having said this I have always admired them and very interested in buying one and restoring it. I am here seeking the knowledge and insight of folks in the know. I have several questions and any help would be very much appreciated. I just recently built my own teardrop trailer from the frame up so I think I am fairly versed in most of the skills required in the restoration. Is there any particular parts of a restoration project that would be better left to professionals? Can exterior panels be replaced by the amateur? If you replace a panel can the different panels be "matched" in appearance? Can the amateur polish an oxidized trailer to something close to new appearance? Can the skin be so degraded that it would be impossible to polish successfully? Are there any years or eras or models of the trailers that are best to avoid? Are there any that are preferred? My teardrop took about a year to do after work and on weekends so I have the patience to take project like this on, I think. I have many more questions but I am afraid if I put them all in here it would be even longer and no one would read the whole thing, lol. Again any assistance would be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor