Got me a 1953(?) Silver Streak 22' Clipper

dimanche 30 mars 2014

We'll Greetings All,

I guess you will be helping me through the next 18 months of some good times. I'll post some snaps of my new purchase tomorrow. But think good shell with an interior consisting of PO installed plank flooring over the (?) condition plywood floor and the original toilet. As the only piece of the interior that last part sorta says a lot.



So I will be doing a slightly meandering approach to full restoration this girl needs. Yes I have done my homework and I do believe I have read every shell off floor/frame repair/pipe frame repair/skin repair w/replacement build and a few others like windows. A lot of hours, but I know where to look when I'm in trouble.



I have a general floor plan laid out, so I have a good idea of electrical, plumbing, and cabinetry needs. I know I need to deal with some exterior shell issues and will need to replace 1 to 3 panels street side and here in Portland the non rain 3 months are near, so... I will be removing all interior shell panels. Then I can remove all the insulation. Then, I have access to buck rivet in the new exterior panels. Reseal all seams. Then new insulation. Run the electrical. Run the kitchen and bath water and drain. Repair/replace/reprint interior panels. Leave lowest ones off for now. Deal with windows.



The lift the shell. Deal with frame issues. Install tanks (?). Insulate the frame area. Replace floor.



At this point it will be a new empty shell. I will be retiring and finishing the interior while living in it. The interior will utilize the compact yet comfortable layout of my previous VW Westphalias with the need for a small working wood shop and a very usable kitchen. I may try my hand at vacuum bagging the bigger bulkheads to save weight. Yes, I will be blatantly ripping off some ideas from d. Winnick.



So other than a bunch of new air tools, I will be getting both buck and Olympic rivet tools, maybe if needed a Mig welder, and definitely a Festool Plunge Saw for cabenetry.



So one thing I would like some help on is, Who is the expert on pipe frame concept, design, and repair? I will have access to do up to a complete replacement of the frame. I have access to a Water Jet cutter and can cut all the outriggers. I know someone with an 8 foot brake. I can even get a new pipe locally. So if I want to stiffen the frame like Dave W. did I can. I can also design in the new tanks.



Also, I will be taking a series of upholstery classes at night school. I can see dining Room dinette seats cushions in my future.



So busy times ahead.



Robert

aka

Bikeukeguy




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor