Rude on the highway--what's wrong with people?

dimanche 30 mars 2014

In a sense, this is a double post, because I initially posted something like this in the early morning hours of Friday, just after we got back from picking up our 22 Sport. I was kind'a angry. I think perhaps my language was a little too full of asterisks and wingdings standing in for the vowels of pretty rank Anglo-Saxon epithets. Which might be why it disappeared from the forum as fast as cash on a Congressman's desk.



But anyway, driving back from Orlando, up I-75--four hours of it in the pitch dark--I noticed that a whole bunch of people drove with their brights on. At first, I thought it was just passenger cars, and of course I imagined little old people from Florida driving home for the Spring to New Jersey, just barely able to see over the steering wheel. But then I noticed it was big pickups, commercial vans, sports cars-, even TVs pulling trailers-all drivers who should have known better.



I grew up on the highways in Texas in the 70's and 80's, and you almost never saw anyone doing this. So whether it's the 21st Century, or I-75, or Florida, or Georgia, I don't know. But it makes me wonder: what's wrong with people? Don't they know what this does to other drivers? Or maybe they don't know where the switch for their brights are?



And... what do you do about it? I have heard stories of dropping back behind them, pulling up on their bumper and keeping the brights on, with or without the emphasis of a horn. That seems kind of immature, not to say dangerous. But, is there any way to handle it?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor