What did I do???

samedi 25 avril 2015

Total newbie here.

I recently purchased a 1960 Safari 22. It has the long battery box on the front, below the window (outside).

I was installing an electric tongue jack today and when I went to run it I lost all power to the trailer? What the...?

The jack has a single wire with a breaker that is intended to be attached to the positive battery terminal (which I did). The ground is achieved via star washers that bite into the base of the jack and the bolts that secure it to the trailer.

When I finished wiring it up, I pushed the jack button and it moved for about a second and then quit. Then I noticed I had no power in the trailer either... all the 12V lights wouldn't work.

Since the jack was attached to directly to the positive battery terminal and the ground was achieved by the trailer ultimately being connected to the negative terminal... what happened?

The battery is brand new and reads 12.7V. I checked the circuit do-dad (breaker?) shown in the photos below that goes on the two positive wires entering the trailer and it appears to be conducting.

Since the jack wasn't attached to these two wires and also doesn't work, I can only assume the main ground has an issue.

What am I missing and how do I figure it out.?

Here's a shot of the battery terminal and with breaker (exposed - normally wrapped in tape). Don't worry, it's not touching the negative terminal.




Inside the trailer are two access doors under the dinette table.

The one on the left appears to have one of the two orange positive leads.



The one on the right appears to be the wiring for the running lights, and feed from the tow vehicle.



I don't know where the second orange positive lead goes but I didn't see it in either of these access openings.

Any advice or suggestions?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor