Battery Converter Flips Breaker

lundi 27 avril 2015

Hi folks! I apologize for starting this fairly broad, but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

I picked up `78 Argosy 30 a few months ago. It's been a great temporary home while my wife and I build a house, but there is this one little problem that's bugging me (well, one main one).

The previous owner replaced the inverter with an IOTA DLS-55 and put in a new battery. They also ran another hookup out the back that is used exclusively for the inverter (the inverter is plugged directly to this extension).

If I plug the inverter directly into the 120v outlets in the Argosy, it immediately flips the breaker. Separately, the 120 hookup works fine and the inverter hookup works fine, but I cant get them workin right together.

Where should I go first to troubleshoot? I'm comfortable working with electricity, but I've never tackled a 12v + 120v system like is in an RV. Should I unplug everything non-essential (water heater, fridge, outlets if possible) and work my way back in?

If it's important, the water heater (not original) wont work on electric either -- it blows a fuse in the 12v fuse box. The refrigerator throws the breaker as well, and I've already unhooked that to no effect.

Thanks!


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor