LPG Line Questions

lundi 27 avril 2015

I'm a total newbie so please forgive me if this is too basic a question.

We recently purchased a 1960 Safari and it has it's original range, refrigerator and hot water heater. It also has an older replacement space heater furnace.

I don't know if any of it works and I purchased the trailer assuming it would need work. I'd definitely like to re-use the oven / range and fridge for sure.

I plan on updating the plumbing and replacing the water heater. However, before I can figure that part out I want to first understand the LPG lines.

The LPG lines on my trailer run outside the belly pan on the street side. There's a T- to go up into the trailer for the furnace, then a T up for the range, then a T- to the curbside for the refer, and then the line continues past (and under) the axle until it goes up and into the water heater.



First question... Should these lines be outside the belly pan or inside? The line under the axle has been crushed by what I assume was a misplaced jack.

Second question... the line is held to the belly pan by aluminum strips riveted in place. In some places the aluminum has corroded and will need to be replaced. Is there a better fastening system? I've read about running the lines inside a PEX tube to protect from rocks, etc. I guess that would eliminate the dissimilar metal corrosion too.

Third question... could (should) I run a single line into the trailer under the range and then T off from inside the trailer to feed the hot water heater and furnace? Is it better (or okay) to run the LPG lines inside the trailer like plumbing the lines? Seems to me like that would be more prudent than running under the trailer where the lines could be damaged. I'd still have to get from street side to curbside for the refrigerator though.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor