Advice on 1976 Sovereign Restoration

samedi 25 avril 2015

I own a 2012 25' FC. Last fall, some folks that live near me put their 1976 30' Sovereign up for sale. Quite impulsively, I bought it (price very reasonable, trailer looked in good shape for its age (see photos)). So, now I need to figure out what to do with it! I like my 2012 FC, but something about this vintage AS has grabbed me. I'm considering tackling the rehab myself as a hobby (after all, we still have the 2012 that we can use in the interim so there is no time pressure).

I've never done anything like this, although I'm reasonably handy. The innards (like electrical, plumbing, etc) don't scare me too much. However, the exterior does (exterior repairs, windows, polishing, etc.). I'm looking for advice on how to start something like this, resources, shops in and around Iowa that may be able to assist, etc. If someone had a checklist of things look for/to do, that would be a big help.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to take this on, but I can't help myself. Like an itch I just need to scratch!

Thanks in advance for any advice and pointers!


Mad Hungarian

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430003452.286205.jpg Views: N/A Size: 90.0 KB ID: 237051  


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor