Window Mod

lundi 30 mars 2015

The folks over at Vintage Trailer Supply referred me to this forum, I’m looking for a some pointers doing a modification to a 68’ Tradewind. I’m a metalworker out in California, a client of mine has an ice cream company, they would

like to make their trailer into a mobile shop.



What I need to do is cut out the two windows on the passenger side and make a new large window. My plan is

to something like this:





- Cut out windows



- Create frame in 6061 AL



- Make window frame in 6061 T bar or angle, rivet on MS20470 sheet with solid buck rivets



- Hinge with gas springs



- Gasket or seal where necessary, add waterproofing



- install 2 x paddle latches



- after I’m done the whole thing will get polished by someone else







Does this seem like a logical way to do this? Thanks so much for your time!





Best!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor