Where to start? 20A breaker pops after ~5sec plugged in

samedi 28 mars 2015

So I'm working on the '72 Ambassador I picked up recently, decide to test out the electrical system before I move on to water and gas systems. I run a cord out to it, plug it in, and after about five seconds I can hear the 20A breaker pop.



Now, the *other* 20A breaker for the AC doesn't have any issues (and the AC works great, which was a big relief), but I'm not quite sure where to start for the main breaker. I haven't messed with the fuses on the Univolt, no idea how old those may be, but they all look to be in decent shape. I don't have a battery installed, just trying to run it off the land-line til I get everything checked out.



There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary, and I've even unplugged / turned off the fridge to pull that out of the system. The wiring to / from the breaker and at the univolt look to be in good shape, no frays or anything like that.



Any ideas on where to start?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor