How hard to redo aluminum interior end caps?

mardi 31 mars 2015

I am new here. Also new to Airstreams. We have a 1968 Safari International that we are in the process of renovating. The majority of the walls are a bit of a no brainer for me. My question being one that probably pops up frequently, are replacement end caps. I would like to do them all in Aluminum. I also need to know what size and type of aluminum to use.



Would this process work for a 1968?

http://ift.tt/1xwCkan



Also wondering what type of plywood to use for the floor. I know that I shouldn't use PT (I know this from Aluminum boats I have done), but is there any thickness and grade that works better?



I also read somewhere that there is a guy named Colin Hyde that may possibly make new aluminum for the end caps pre trimmed and drilled, but there are about 10 Colin H's in the directory. Thanks everyone for any help. I am sure I will be coming to everyone much more frequently once we get more into this.



Thanks everyone!



Seth




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor