Jestco Buffer Leaving Hazy Streaks

dimanche 29 mars 2015

I have polished my 66 Trade Wind Alcad skins with the "Jestco system" using an 8" diameter by 1" wide unsewn cotton buffing wheels and the gray and pink bars. I was looking for a faster polish as compounding seems to take a lot of time. My old trailer was oxidized and significantly pitted in the front as you can imagine. I did not wet sand it.



I rotated the buffing wheel at about 2800 rpm on my angle polisher. I worked in about 12" widths progressing from the bottom of the trailer to the top. I was traversing at a slow rate so the buffer could do its thing, like maybe an inch a second.



I first found streaks where I thought I had missed a little stripe with the gray bar and was hopeful the pink bar pass would clean them up. But it did not. Then I compounded with Airbrite medium thinking that would clean up the streaks, but it did not. And Cyclo with F7 or S does not get rid of the streaks. I would think almost any kind of aluminum surface would polish. Even my brushed finish 86 polished up pretty good.



The S polish sticks in the streaks to the point of being difficult to remove. It's like the streaks are a rougher surface although they don't feel that way. They are hazy streaks against the normal mirror like surfaces.



I wonder if I ground down into the aluminum skin too far by putting too much pressure on the buffer, or traversing to slowly? Have any of you experienced polishers using the "Jestco" buffer method had similar situation?



David




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor