Vinyl walls on 86 Sovereign

dimanche 29 mars 2015

Hi - I have a 2 part question about 'off gassing' since I want to start painting my vinyl walls.

Part 1: I noticed that all surface areas that are exposed 24/7 (ceiling, walls) are very, very sticky (think post-it notes) - even when cleaned by a multitude of products repeatedly - however, the surfaces that are behind closed doors (in the closets, and cupboards) are just fine. SO if it's off gassing, wouldn't it happen regardless of where the vinyl is?

Part 2: since I can't seem to eliminate the stickiness even with extensive cleaning - do I DARE to paint? I've read a lot of suggestions and it seems that Zinsser Bulls eye 1-2-3 is the way to go for a primer - and even 2 coats - then a quality latex to finish (In CA, we cannot buy enamel paint other than a primer).

Okay, it's a 3 part question: I live in Redding, which sees 103-110 degree days for 2-3 months of the summer. How will this effect the staying power of the paint?

ANY suggestions will be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor