What's Wrong with the '80's?

mardi 29 juillet 2014

After spending the last 3 months looking for an SOB and just getting tired of rotted roofs, floors, and delaminated walls. Then trying to avoid that by looking newer (a 4-year old Jayco Jayflight is depreciating still at $2500 a year?!), I decided to take a girlfriends advice and look at an Airstream (actually it was an Avion).



Oooh! Ahh! Preeety!



In which I immediately found extensive hidden floor rot. :eek:



Still, decided to keep looking and get educated. Love the curves and interiors of the '70's Airstreams which are also in my price range. Then saw endless threads and horror show pics of tail droop and floor separation. :bash:



Turned to Avions but in anything but the whales (tri-axel 34-footers), the floor plan I want--rear bath/center double, or side bath/rear double, is very rare. Crap!



Think I may have found a sound, mostly all mechanicals already replaced '71 Ambassador with original interior, only to discover how much ya'll love your laminate interiors. <sigh>



Plus, I would like a biggish doorside window, which doesn't start until '79?



So, what's wrong with the '80's? What do I need to look out for?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor