Airstream Models

jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Hi All-



I grew up with an airstream and have longed to bring back my fond memories with my family. From memory, we had a late 60's model, single axel, with the twin benches in front and a mid-ship pull out that my parents slept on. I think it was a 22', but not certain. I don't necessary need to buy the same model/year, but the layout seemed to work. This is going to be a process for me, one that I anticipate will take years to realize. I have strong skills in renovating and building (minus welding), but believe that between friends, my skills, etc, I could take on a project. I am antipating that I will take about a year to save the money and find the right project, and about 5 years to do the renovation (depending upon condition)-to help space out the cost, and still enjoy life. My end goal is to have an AS that we can use with the kids and then continue past into my "golden days" with the wife. I have been reading just about every thread on the site (LOVE THE PICTURES) about works in progress and am both completely terrified and extremely excited.



I would like to find something from the 60's or VERY early 70's, that can comfortable sleep 4. What I am struggling with is understsanding the different models and floor plans that existed during that time-frame. And, without starting a turf war, would love to hear if there is a sweet spot in terms of year and model that I should focus my search on. Any links/guidance/thoughts you have would be more than welcome!



~Scott




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor