Awning window mechanism

lundi 28 juillet 2014

I have a 1980 Excella with the awning style windows and twist arms for opening/closing and locking in an open position. Some windows will not stay in an open position. Best I can figure the small rod in the arm mechanism is rounded from use and will not hold in the hole in the window frame. Before looking at the window closely I purchased a few plastic window position guides, but found out I have a different setup.

I figure I need to get some replacement pins to solve my immediate problem, probably requires removing the windows, which looks straightforward. I was wondering if I could, or if anyone has, retrofitted the plastic guides in place of the aluminum bar with holes that the dowels on the window mechanism fit into. As it is you have to twist the operating rod just right to release the dowel from the hole. The plastic mechanism looks a lot easier to operate, particularly for a senior citizen.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor